2021 College Scholarship Programs
for High School Students
The Air Force Association, Chapter 116 of Sacramento, has for the past fifteen years, awarded over $273,000 in college scholarships to high school and college students from the Sacramento region. Approximately 5 scholarships have been awarded annually, ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. The Chapter scholarship program serves to encourage youth of the community to pursue studies in aerospace related fields such as science, technology, engineering and mathematics. This letter announces our college scholarship program for high school students planning to enroll in a four year degree program in the fall of 2021.
Application Criteria & Selection Process, High School Students
(See link below for enrolled college student scholarships)
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criterion:
- Be a student in a Sacramento region High School.
- Graduating from high school during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.00
- Applying to a four year college or university as a full time student, starting in fall 2021.
- Pursuing a four year degree or course of study in science, technology, engineering or mathematics. Major or course of study must be indicated on application and/or in personal essay. Students enrolling in AFROTC or a military academy and pursuing other degrees will be considered, if their course of study is aerospace related or compliments the needs of the military.
Applicants meeting the above criterion will be rated on the content and quality of a personal essay, community involvement, demonstrated leadership, extra curricular activities and academic achievements. This determines an applicants ranking. Final selection and value of scholarship is based on ranking and selection category. There are two Selection categories: 1) Air Force Association affiliation and/or AFROTC and 2) Other. The AFA affiliation category includes AFA members and their dependents, including children and grandchildren, or AFROTC cadets. The Other category includes all other eligible applicants.
Applications must be postmarked by June 1, 2021. Selection and notification will occur shortly thereafter, with scholarships being presented in late June 2021. Proof of enrollment is required prior to scholarship check being disbursed to the student. Normally, no more than two scholarships (one per year) will be awarded to any student. A waiver to this policy may be considered if a student can document unusual circumstance.
Scholarship applications and information regarding Air Force Association Chapter 116 membership, activities, sponsors, etc. can be found on our web site, http://sacafa.com. For questions regarding the Scholarship program, contact Ray Coughlin at (916) 916-989-4226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raymond J. Coughlin
Education Committee Chairman
AFA Chapter 116
High School Students Click Here for College Application
Enrolled College Students Click Here for College Application